Why always telling long stories? Do you like cod? Do you like vegetables? And how about ginger?
Here comes a simple dish with a huge wow effect! – We are talking about the “Cod au Papillot” or “Cod in parchment”.
It is a recipe which you can adapt to your taste and easily add or subtract ingredients. So, here we go:
You’ll need for 4 portions (I always cook too much):
180g of Fish per person, I used cod, because I prefer white fish
Approx. 3 cm of Ginger, add more if you are a ginger fan!
2 Spring Onions
8 Small Sweetcorn
10 Cherry Tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven on 180° Celsius.
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into small pieces, mix them all together. Cut the ginger into very small pieces and keep a bit aside for the fish to season.
- Sprinkle some olive oil, salt and pepper over the vegetables and mix them again.
- Take four backing parchments and distribute the vegetables equally.
- Now take the fish and season it on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Lay it on the vegetables and sprinkle the remaining ginger over the fish.
- Slice the lemons and put some on top of the fish. Close now the baking parchment and try to do it as tight as possible, so that the fish can cook in the steam of the vegetables.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- When the time is over, check if the fish is cooked well. It depends on the fish and how much vegetables you have and my take a bit longer or shorter.
You can serve it with potatoes, if the portions are not big enough.
Enjoy the mix of flavours!