What is better than starting off a blog with a cake. Cakes are a sign of celebration and thus I want to share with you my new passion – My new blog: the chilicocolate. So welcome everyone! I know it still looks a bit empty but this will change shortly.
My first homage on chilicocolate goes to this lovely white Chocolate Cheesecake (which is not as lovely in calories, but never mind). First, have a look at this mouthwatering cake! (It would be a real waste to give it to Steve Aoki, as my boyfriends comment to the cake) And the good thing about it, it is simple as ABC to make! So why not impress your friends!?
You’ll need for it:
200g Biscuits, use cereal biscuits
200g white Chocolate
25g Caster Sugar
100g Double Cream
A few Mint leaves
- Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag, with a pan or rolling-pin until finely ground. Put them into a bowl with the butter, which should be quite soft and mix it. Then tip into a round cake tin with approximately 20 to 25 cm diameter. Also but a thin layer on the sides of the tin.
- Halve the strawberries and arrange over the biscuit (the cut side down), then put into the fridge to chill, while preparing the rest. Keep the remaining strawberries aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl over a pan with hot water. Stir frequently and cheque that the chocolate gets not too hot. Never heat chocolate over 35 degrees Celsius, a rule of thumb is, when you take some chocolate on a spoon and hold it on your lips. When you feel no difference between the chocolate and your lips, it has the right temperature and is ready to use.
- In the meanwhile beat the mascarpone with the caster sugar and 2 tbsp. boiling water until smooth. Then add the melted chocolate and stir again. Spoon into the prepared tin with the biscuit dough and strawberries.
- Whisk the double cream until just holding and spread it in the middle of the cake, add the remaining strawberries.
- Chill now for at least 4 hours.
- When you serve it, add some leaves of mint as decoration. Enjoy =)